Tuesday, June 3, 2008

6th annual strawberry picking day

We had our annual strawberry picking day a few weeks ago. We started doing this when Samantha was only one and we have loved doing it ever since. I think we got about 19 pounds of strawberry's this year. We make a ton of jam and freeze some for smoothies. At only $1.25/lb it wasn't too bad. It was pretty muddy this year so the kids ended up getting caked in mud.






2 comments:

Heather said...

It looks so pretty and green there! You have no idea how much I miss the color green :0( Sounds fun and delicious too. I need to learn how to make jam cause I love the stuff your mom makes! Everyone is looking good :0) See you guys in July- we can't wait to meet Carter!

kelly l said...

looks like fun. i wish we had something like that to do out here in dry dry utah. are you sure you guys want to come back out here? and for heather, making jam is super easy. you just need to buy pectin and follow the directions.