Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving





I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  We had a good time and, as always, ate way too much!  Our friends, the Christians, came over for dinner then we went to another friends house for dessert.  It was really fun.  Because we have no family around, it's fun to get together with friends so we aren't alone.  This was our third Thanksgiving with the Christians so I'm not sure what we'll do next year when we don't live by each other :).
The pictures I posted are of Ryan's preschool Thanksgiving lunch. I also had Thanksgiving lunch at school with Samantha.  Yes, that makes three Thanksgiving meals.  Maybe I should head to the gym, better yet, I'll have some leftover pie instead!  ha ha

4 comments:

Heather said...

Yes, it is always better when you can spend it with someone. Last year Jon and I spent it with other people who somehow ended up at the Hometown Buffet. (I recommend sticking with the friends/family route) Glad you got to enjoy numerous meals!

Desiree said...

Happy Thanksgiving! We sure missed you guys. Before we moved back home we had fun doing Thanksgiving with other students and friends. Good memories.

Heather said...

Our tree is pretty random- the ornaments I mean. The blue ones are cheapos from Walmart. The rest I think I have gotten from my mom over the years as gifts- when the kids were in the house she would give us all an ornament to open on Christmas Eve. The boys got football/basketball players, my sister got Disney, and I got movie stars! So we have Marilyn, Lucy, and Scarlett Ohara on our tree! There is no rhyme or reason to it- the tree itself is a $20 Walmart special. It works though- as fun as a color coordinated tree can be it is not in our budget! And our tree will only get more random as Rowan gets bigger and starts to make ornaments like your kids do. Have fun setting it all up- I had to make it the "FHE activity" so Jon would help- it worked!

allyn said...

ERICA! how fun to hear from you. it is totally a tiny world if you are in the church and you blog. that is great that you know the hopfer's. my sister says that they love it in tennessee. i am sorry that you are still in residency and that aaron thinks he needs to do a fellowship. what is up with that?
your family is adorable, too and you haven't changed a bit. you still look like you are in high school.

please keep in touch~~