Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First day of school

The kids had a long summer! They were out of school in May and just started today. We had a fun summer, but we were all ready to get back into a school routine again. We were going to walk to school for the first day, but it was raining so I reluctantly put them on the bus and watched it drive away. It was sad for me :( Their school wants everyone to ride the bus and you can't walk your child to class on the first day. This was a change for me, but I survived. I've been to both of their classrooms with them before school started so at least it wasn't a mystery to me! The bus was late getting home, but it came and the kids were happy and had a great day. I told them to sit on the front of the bus because the back is where the big kids like to sit. I want my little kids to stay little as long as I can :). I'm not sure what they'd learn sitting back there with the older kids. By the way, I was right. Samantha said all the older kids sat back there.
Here are a few picture we took this morning.




I couldn't believe how quiet my house was and how much Carter wanted to play with me! It was nice to spend alone time with him and to finally have a kitchen that stayed clean until 4pm.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

First day....so exciting! The kiddos look cute. I have a love/hate relationship with the bus, so I feel your pain.

Diamonds Are Forever said...

They look really cute. It's always harder on the mom than the kids on the first day.

kelly l said...

Congrats on the quiet and clean house. I don't know what I'd do if Ella was gone all day though.

Desiree said...

All day long Luke asks me if it is time to go get Maya and Andy. I am not as fun as they are apparently. I wish we loved on a bus route though, at least he wouldn't feel like he lives in a car!

Heather said...

i can't believe how fast kids grow. are you enjoying the peace and quiet?