Sunday, December 20, 2009

Let it Snow!!

We had our first snowfall of the season and possibly our only. We got about a foot of snow (don't laugh you Utah folks, that's a lot for us). I wasn't planning on it snowing this much in Virginia, but I was wrong. I was at the store the other day and it was PACKED with people. Because I don't watch the news, I couldn't figure out why it was that way. So I asked someone and they said that it was going to snow (that was news to me). I remembered it was the same in every state we've lived in-North Carolina, Tennessee and now Virginia. Everyone runs out for milk, bread, and for some-beer (can't live without it!)
We had a great time in the snow even though none of my kids own snow pants. Aaron went to Walmart the day of the storm and said it was the best shopping experience at Walmart that he's ever had. Nobody was there! Although he thought he was an expert in driving in the snow, he got stuck trying to get up the hill in our neighborhood so some guys pushed him out and he had to park the car at the bottom of the hill. It's still there, but I just saw a snowplow drive by so maybe we can bring it back to the house. They have cancelled church for the day so we are just hanging out at home and the kids want to plan their own primary so they will be doing a sharing time for us (we shall see how that goes).
Here are some pictures of the kids in the snow. I have to say that the snow here is very icy and not the good powdery stuff you get in Utah, so it is harder to drive in (thus the panic of the locals) Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas week!




4 comments:

kelly l said...

i like how everyone makes a rush for milk, bread and beer. i'm sure you guys did too. hopefully you get your car un-stuck. i wish they would cancel church here when it snowed. no such luck.

Lori said...

A whole foot? Lucky.
I will tell you once and for all why TN driving in the snow is nothing like UT driving in the snow: There are no shoulders here, the roads are narrow, windy, and hilly instead of wide, straight and flat, and there is very limited/slow plowing. That is why we hole up when it snows. :^)

Diamonds Are Forever said...

I remember when we lived in Mississippi and they got 2 inches of snow and school closed and the girls and I ran to Wal-mart and the people working there thought we were crazy.

Heather said...

nice. i am sure the kids had a blast. after two years in arizona i've become quite the grandma behind the wheel now that i am back in utah! i had to go out today when it was snowing and i was white knuckling it the whole drive! enjoy your snow while it lasts! :0)