Samantha turned 7 on the second and we had a small party for her at home on her birthday. Then on the 10th she had a friend party at our house. I originally wanted to find a place to have the party, but somehow it ended up at the house. We had 10 girls come (half church friends and half school friends). It was wild!! We played hot potato, guess how many candies are in the jar, pop the balloon race (apparently I didn't blow the balloons up enough because it seemed difficult for the girls to pop them), did the limbo and played freeze dance. The rest of the time was filled with running around and screaming. It was a lot of fun, but exhausting.
This was taken during our family party. Ryan was so excited to give her the gift he picked out.
Doing the limbo to the song "girls just want to have fun"
Dancing
I always make the cake and Tinkerbell was the theme, so I just bought a Tinkerbell candle and added flowers and "grass"
The entire group
Samantha has such a great group of friends and she gets really sad when we talk about moving in June. Hopefully she'll find some fun girls on Ohio.
8 comments:
Happy Birthday to Samantha- I'll have to bring her the crayon roll when we go to Florida- if I get it done. Couch re-upholstery has taken over for the time being....
Hey Samantha Happy Birthday from The Diamonds. Your so cute and fun that you will have no problems finding friends in Ohio. Glad that you had a fun party. Erica, the cake looks so cute. Good job!
The girls look like they had so much fun. Nice work! I can't believe how fast time flies.
Happy Birthday Samantha!!! She has to be one of the cutest 7 yr. olds. I love the pic of her and Ryan...soooo sweet. I am sure she will have no problem making friends. She is such a sweet and fun girl.
Wow! Happy birthday to Samantha! I can't believe she's 7!
I had to tell you it was funny reading your comment about making friends because you mentioned becoming friends with the people you have callings with- I team teach with Jon! ha ha ha
And we are lazy too. we just don't want to get stuck with a couple that doesn't work well for both of us, so we just take the easy route and don't make friends!
i'm glad samantha had a fun birthday. ella loved her tinkerbell cake. we're excited to see you guys in a couple of weeks.
Aren't birthday parties exhausting? Something our sweet kids never seem to notice, but you know someday they'll appreciate it! Good job!
Post a Comment