Friday, February 13, 2009

Florida!!!

Warning: A lot of pictures in this blog
We recently took a trip to Florida with my entire family.  We did a lot of walking, we stood in a lot of lines, we ate a lot, we spent a lot of money and we had a lot of fun!  We spent 5 days at the Disney parks, then one day at Seaworld!  Needless to say, we were very tired by the end of the trip.  We drove down (took 12 hours with kids) and it was long, but saved us a lot of money.
I have so many pictures, but cut it down for your viewing pleasure--enjoy!  

Here we are in front of Cinderella's castle.  For some reason my hand looks gigantic in this picture.  Maybe I've acquired "man hands" recently :) The first two days were cold then the wonderful Florida weather returned!

Here are the love birds in front of the castle

We went to a character breakfast and it was well worth it.  I especially liked the mickey waffles!  Here are the kids with most of their cousins (Wade and Kelly's kids)

Getting ready to watch the 3-D Bugs Life movie

This picture shows how much Carter loved the characters.  He would get so excited to see them and here he is pressing his nose up to Minnie's nose (twoo wove)

Riding a merry-go-round is serious business

We celebrated Ryan and his cousin, Ella's birthdays while in Florida.  He was very pleased with all his loot

Here I am at Seaworld.  Only a few hours into our day, I was graced by a blob of bird poop on my shirt.  Samantha got some on her hand and Carter also got some on his shirt and face.  Yuck!!  The only good thing that came out of this was that Carter and I got new shirts.

Samantha and Ryan being crazy in some silly hats they found
We had such a great time and thanks to mom and dad for providing the condos.
I would love to go back some day, it was well worth it!

10 comments:

Heather said...

wow, you are quick! I am still working on getting the trip pics up :0) There are too many to choose from! We had fun & it was nice to see you guys since we only get to see you 1 a year! Your family is great :0) May want to throw the shirt away that got pooped on...I don't know, you could save it as a souvenir!

kelly l said...

i like ryan's face with his alligator hat on. and of course the bird poop picture. how was the drive home? did ryan get to eat at mcdonalds?

Stacey said...

WOW! That looks like so much fun. I love the pic of you and Aaron in front of the castle, too sweet. Its crazy to see you guys wearing coats down in Florida.

Desiree said...

So fun! Which character breakfast did you do? We did Goofy's Kitchen last February at Disneyland, not world and loved it. (Nice man hands by the way!)

nbarnes2 said...

wow that looks like so much fun. i've never been to disney but hope to go some day.

Diamonds Are Forever said...

I love the pictures. You looked like you all had fun. You guys deserve it so much. Your kids are just too darn cute.

Karina said...

Great pics - what a fun trip! We LOVED our DW trip. Such a fun place to go with the family.

K.Booth said...

Erica. It is Kelli. We were just down there!!! We got home the saturday before the superbowl. What days were you there??? Loved the pictures and I swear my brain is still a bit off from riding that Kraken rollercoaster @ seaworld. I hear you on the bird poop took a couple hits!!

Abby said...

After looking at the photos, Eliza informed me, "I want to go there some day!"
Me too. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I propose this as a future Stevenson excursion. Love you guys!

jennyandbrett said...

cute pictures. Maya liked the ones with the alligator and shark on the kids heads.