Thursday, January 28, 2010

My book list

So I wanted to start making a list of books that I read this year on my blog. I guess I just wanted to see how many books I read this year. I just finished my first book "The Undaunted". It was really enjoyable to read. It was about the pioneers who made the treck from Cedar City through Hole in the Rock to Arizona. This was an amazing story that I never knew the details about. And what makes it even better for me is that my Great Grandfather was born on the trail. It actually mentions his name in the book (page 716) Oh, did I mention it was 800 pages! I still would recommend it to all.
I think I'm writing this because I'm having Book club withdrawals. Oh, how I miss my TN book club! Well, if any of you have any great books that you recommend, please let me know.

5 comments:

kelly l said...

i'm impressed wtih the 800 page book. i have not read a book since kate was born. ok, i read one. i need to get some book motivation.

Desiree said...

I have heard rave reviews about the Hunger Games and Catching Fire. They are in a series. I am starting them soon, I'll let you know.

Unknown said...

Just finished reading "The Help" and would highly recommend it!

Heather said...

what a good idea. that will be fun for you. hmmm let's see, i just read the lovely bones. i liked it. (i'm not too hard to please- as long as it keeps my attention and makes we want to continue to flip pages) i really liked the birth of venus.

Lori said...

Your TN book club misses you!!