Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Book #2 A Tale of Two Cities

This book took me forever to read! Even my husband was excited for me to finish. I read it back in 9th grade and remember liking it. Well, I did like it, but what I needed was my English teacher so I could really discuss what was going on. To be honest, I haven't read a classic novel in quite a while so I actually had to THINK about what I was reading!! (not quite the same as the Twilight series). I don't know if any of you have read this, but I do reccomend it if you are thinking of reading a good classic. I think the first half of the book was a little hard for me to get through and keep track of who was who. Oh, but once it got going I really enjoyed it.
I think my next book will take a little less brain power. I have to many other things to think about right now :)

3 comments:

Desiree said...

I loved this book! Keep posting what you read so I can get ideas from you.

Julie said...

I L-O-V-E-D that book! I read it last year in my way-too-intense-for-a-freshman Honors English class. Most of my classmates looked it up on sparknotes for the readings each night. But I actually read the WHOLE thing front to back. I love English classics and Charles Dickens.

Julie said...

By the way, this is Jessica. :)