We recently inherited a kitty from the neighbors when they moved and I told the kids they could have it as long as it stayed outside. Well, just last week it followed the kids to school then just disappeared. After five or six days the kids were really worried so Ryan, Samantha and their cousin Ella made signs to hang around the neighborhood. I took them around thinking (in my so smart adult mind) "this is never going to work". Then a few days later I got a call from some random jr high girl saying she knows who took our cat and she would bring it to us. She never did bring it to us, so I did my research and found out who this mystery person was who "stole" our kitty. Then I drove to the house and told them I was there to pick up my cat. I have to admit that this house and the people there were...how should I put it... a little shady, but I just wanted to get the cat back for the kids. They gave me the cat and I surprised the kids when they got home from school. So the moral of the story is..... sometimes we are proven wrong by our children's faith in what can happen.
10 years ago
2 comments:
OH I am so glad you got the cat back. I am sure the kids are happy :0) Was the mystery girl there when you picked up the cat?
I love that story! You are superstar mom. :)
Post a Comment