Well, my original plan was to read one book a month, but we moved and life got in the way. So I just do the best I can. I actually have been reading lately and I did read two books over the summer, but both of them were not to my liking so I didn't finish them. They were the Zoo Keepers Wife and The time Travelers Wife. Apparently I don't like books that are about someones wife-go figure. So after reading those two flops, I decided to read a book I know wouldn't disappoint--Anne of Green Gables. Such a great book. And because I've seen the movie a million times, it was fun to compare and see what they changed from the book. I also read The Help. I really liked this book and luckily went into it knowing nothing about it. I do love doing that with books and movies. It makes them so much more fun to see or read. So I recommend that book to anyone. Finally, I just finished Mockingjay. I have loved the Hunger Games series, but I still love the first book the best. It was hard because I read the books right as they came out so it was difficult to remember little details from the previous books. I'm sure that would have made the book that much better. I do recommend that series to everyone also, but since I was on a waiting list of over 1000 at the library, I'm sure most have read it also. Well, I hope to get back in the habit of reading more, but who knows what's just around the corner!
10 years ago
2 comments:
I am the exact same way with books/movies...the less I know about it the better. Going into it totally blind is ideal. That's funny, I thought I was the only one. :)
Yeah, I was hoping to read a book a month- so not happening. Love Anne of Green Gables- never read the books, but I could watch the movies over and over. I have heard The Help was good. Thanks for the recommendations!
Post a Comment