Yesterday we took a trip up to Washington DC for the day. We parked and took the metro in to the Mall area. We went to the Air and Space museum where it was soooo crowded. It was a bit too crowded for my taste and it made it not quite as enjoyable as it has in the past. We saw the classic imax movie "To Fly". I've seen it three times, but I still enjoyed it. Then we went to the National Natural History museum. I think the kids liked that one more. They spent most of the time in the hands on Discovery Room. We ate at the Old Post Office then walked to the monuments. The kids were really troopers. We did a lot of walking and didn't get back to our house until almost midnight. I'm glad the kids got to see the national monuments because who knows when we'll ever go back
The kids were excited for their first ride on the subway (metro). It wasn't Aaron's first ride, but he was still excited!
Air and Space museum
Ryan getting to know a skeleton at the natural history museum
I love this picture of the kids dressed up in the Discovery room at the museum. Unfortunately the flash was reflecting off the mirror. My brother sucked all the photographic talent out of me.
The whitehouse (Obama wouldn't come out when we knocked on the door)
The boys being very respectful at the WW2 memorial.
Samantha giving her classic elementary school smile in from the Washington monument.
Lincoln memorial
9 comments:
very cool! I imagine it's nice living in the east and being able to see all those places. I wish Jon and I could travel more - I'd love to come out there and see you guys, my brother, and DC! First things first - Jon needs a job! I think your hair looks cute! Great pictures of everyone!
that comment from "mom larson" is from me, Heather.
We really missed you at Bear Lake this year. At least you are having some fun of your own! I LOVE DC!!! (Love the photo of Ryan with the skeleton.)
Looks like a fun place to be. The kids looked like they had a blast. Miss you all.
looks like you guys had a good time and i think your hair is really cute!
DC is such fun! We used to hang out up there growing up b/c that was the closest temple for a LONG time. So, we'd "entertain" ourselves at the visitor center and then be treated to the metro and museums. Your great post brings back the memories. The kids are cute as ever and look like they are having a BLAST!
So cool, we need to take our kids there someday...
cute pictures. cute hair Erica. Happy birthday on Saturday
Looks like you guys had a great time in spite of the crowds. Hopefully the kids will remember this 10 years from now. Love, Mom Larson
Post a Comment